Never Feed Your Dog This

     

    Human Foods That Are Dangerous To Dogs

    We all love our pets but some choices we make on their behalf may cause them grave harm.  It is so hard sometimes when they look at you with their begging eyes to say no, but stop feeding your dog human food without knowing how it could affect them. It is okay to feed them some human food. It's so much fun to watch their reaction to new flavors and taste but you must know which foods are not only unsafe but lethal to your dog. Do you know what foods are not safe?

     Avoid these human foods to keep your furry friend safe and healthy.

    Avocados.  They contain a substance called persin. Large amounts might be toxic to dogs.  Avocado ingestion can cause stomach upset in some dogs.  

    Beer, liquor, wine, foods containing alcohol. Just a little can cause vomiting, diarrhea, central nervous system depression, problems with coordination, difficulty breathing, coma, even death.

    Onions and garlic in all forms. They can destroy a dog's red blood cells, leading to anemia, which includes weakness, vomiting, little interest in food, dullness, and breathlessness. An occasional small dose is probably OK.  But just eating a large quantity once or eating smaller amounts regularly can cause poisoning. 

    Coffee, Tea.  Caffeine in large enough quantities can be fatal for a dog. caffeine poisoning include restlessness, rapid breathing, heart palpitations, muscle tremors, fits, and bleeding and, there is no antidote.

    Grapes and raisins.  They can cause kidney failure in dogs. And just a small amount can make a dog ill. Repeated vomiting is an early sign.

    Milk and Dairy Products. Milk and milk-based products can cause diarrhea and other digestive issues. It all comes down to how your dog handles a specific nutrient found in milk.

    Macadamia Nuts. They can be fatal. Symptoms of poisoning include muscle tremors, weakness or paralysis of the hindquarters, vomiting, elevated body temperature, and rapid heart rate.

     Chocolate. It has a toxic agent called theobromine. Eating chocolate can cause a dog to vomit, have diarrhea, and be excessively thirsty.  It can also cause abnormal heart rhythm, tremors, seizures, and death.

    Xylitol:  Candy, gum, toothpaste, baked goods, and some diet foods are sweetened with xylitol.  It can cause your dog's blood sugar to drop and can also cause liver failure. Early symptoms include vomiting, lethargy, and coordination problems. Eventually, your dog may have seizures. Liver failure can happen within just a few days.

    No matter how careful you are, your dog might find and swallow something she shouldn't. Keep the number of your local vet, the closest emergency clinic, and the

    ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center -- (888) 426-4435 -- where you know you can find it. And, if you think your dog has eaten something  toxic, call for emergency help right away.

    Related Articles:

    Homemade Chicken Jerky Treats for your dog

    The Benefits of Sweet Potatoes for your dog

     

     

    BullyMAXebay