Hot Dog Treats Your Dog will Love
Want healthy alternative treats for your dog? Nervous about all the recalls on your pets food? Need a good alternative to giving your dog other than those nasty rawhide bones made in China?
We started searching and making homemade DIY Dog treats for our furry friend. In previous articles, we discussed how to make Sweet Potato treats and Chicken Jerky Treats from scratch. Today, we are making Hot dog treats. They are really simple and much healthier than any raw hide treat.
Everyone know that dogs love hot dogs. You can feed them straight from the refrigerator, boiled, dehydrated in the oven or even in a microwave.
Cut a chicken hot dog in half and then half each piece again for a total of 4 spears.
- Cut each spear into little pieces, approximately 30 pieces per spear.
- Microwave for 5 minutes, or until nice and crispy. (microwave time may vary)
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and slice two or three hotdogs into ¼ inch slices. Then, cut each slice into four pieces.
- Place cut pieces on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for about 2 hours, checking and rotating if needed
- When done, they should be light in color and dry
- Remove, let cool and then place in air tight container or zip lock bag
If your furry friend doesn't finish them before, they can keep for about a week in an air tight container in the refrigerator. These are great training treats or just a really nice easy and quick homemade treat.
If you enjoyed making these for your dog try making them sweet potato treats or chicken jerky treats from home. There is a sense of happiness and pride when you know what you are feeding your dog. No need to worry about a recall.