Foods your dogs should NEVER eat

    avacado

    Avocados.  They contain a substance called persin. Large amounts might be toxic to dogs. 

    Avocado ingestion can cause stomach upset in some dogs.  

     

     

    alcohol

     

    Beer, liquor, wine, foods containing alcohol. Just a little can cause vomiting, diarrhea, central nervous system depression, problems with coordination, difficulty breathing, coma, even death.

    onion

    Onions and garlic in all forms. They can destroy a dog's red blood cells, leading to anemia, which includes weakness, vomiting, little interest in food, dullness, and breathlessness. An occasional small dose is probably OK.  But just eating a large quantity once or eating smaller amounts regularly can cause poisoning.

     

    Coffee Cup Bowl With Grains Images

     

    Coffee, Tea.  Caffeine in large enough quantities can be fatal for a dog. caffeine poisoning include restlessness, rapid breathing, heart palpitations, muscle tremors, fits, and bleeding and, there is no antidote.

     

    raisins

    Grapes and raisins.  They can cause kidney failure in dogs. And just a small amount can make a dog ill. Repeated vomiting is an early sign.

    dairy products

    Milk and Dairy Products. Milk and milk-based products can cause diarrhea and other digestive issues. 

    It all comes down to how your dog handles a specific nutrient found in milk

    macadamia nuts

    Macadamia Nuts. They can be fatal. Symptoms of poisoning include muscle tremors, weakness or paralysis of the hindquarters,

    vomiting, elevated body temperature, and rapid heart rate.

     

    chocolateChocolate. It has a toxic agent called theobromine. Eating chocolate can cause a dog to vomit, have diarrhea, and be excessively thirsty.  It can also cause abnormal heart rhythm, tremors, seizures, and death.

    logo xylitol

    Xylitol:  Candy, gum, toothpaste, baked goods, and some diet foods are sweetened with xylitol.  It can cause your dog's blood sugar to drop and can also cause liver failure. Early symptoms include vomiting, lethargy, and coordination problems. Eventually, your dog may have seizures. Liver failure can happen within just a few days.

     

    No matter how careful you are, your dog might find and swallow something shes houldn't. Keep the number of your local vet, the closest emergency clinic, and the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center -- (888) 426-4435 -- where you know you can find it. And, if you think your dog has eaten something  toxic, call for emergency help right away.

     

     

    BullyMAXebay